- Not Logged InLogin
Golden Gardens Park - Golden Gardens Park work ...04/15/2017
Join the Green Seattle Partnership for a Rainier Brewing Co “Tabs For Trees” sponsored planting event at Golden Gardens Park on Saturday April 15th from 9-Noon . We’ll be removing invasive weeds and plant native species that help return the forest in the park to a more natural ecosystem. Volunteers 21+ are invited to complimentary beverages and appetizers at The Sloop Tavern following the planting event.
Taking care of the environment and giving back to the communities in which we do business is part of Rainier Brewing Company’s core values. Rainier’s Tabs for Trees program runs from February to April and for every red Rainier Beer tab you collect and send in, we will work with the Arbor Day Foundation to plant a new tree. With your help, We’ve planted 55,000 trees since the program’s conception and we hope to plant 15,000 trees in 2017 so we can keep our forests green for the generations to come.”
Open to the public
All ages OK
48 out of 30 volunteers registered.
What to Bring
Wear sturdy pants, long sleeved shirts, and raingear. Also, bring a filled water bottle and snacks. All tools, gloves and other restoration supplies are provided
Where to Meet
Directions to Golden Gardens Park
• Starting from I-5 take exit 172 (N 85th St)
• Drive west on 85th Street for 3.3 miles
• At T-intersection, turn right onto 32nd Ave
• Drive 0.2 miles, then veer left as road turns into Golden Gardens Dr
• Follow this road downhill to where it curves, then turn right into parking lot for dog park
• Walk from parking lot toward dog park and we meet at restroom building
• The nearest address is: 8300 Golden Gardens Dr. NW, Seattle, WA 98117
Where to Park
Upper parking lot for dog park.